Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday- June 21

On this scorching hot day, I am thankful for a number of things:

that my dad opened his pool and the kids are enjoying it for hours on end


that we were able to find last year's swim toys and the pump to blow them up without any problems



that the kiddos really enjoy each other's company and play well together (for the most part, that is, lol!)



that I was able to make them the cinnamon sugar muffins stuffed with Nutella that they asked for (they wanted me to make them since a fellow blogger linked them up last week!)  :-)


that my husband was able to get a phone signal, if even for 3 minutes, so I could hear his voice and know he was ok; tired and hot, but ok.  :-)

that we were invited to a dinner picnic/gathering with families from church at a local park




that we already invited some friends over for lunch and swimming on Friday

that my little plants aren't so little anymore and that there now are flowers- hopefully veggies before too long.  :-)


Linking up with Thankful Thursday at Red Oak Lane and Judy at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

6 comments:

Nikki @ Simplystriving said...

Oh you had me at Nutella...how did I miss that recipe? I'll have to go back and check it out!

we don't have a pool...my brother does who lives not more than 20 minutes from me. maybe I should start knocking on their door because it looks like your kids are having so much fun! we have been playing in the sprinkler. have a lot of sprinkler toys ;)

so glad you got to hear your hubby's voice....

hugs to you, friend!

Unknown said...

What a lovely day - sure wish we had that pool :) Tomorrow {if the weather holds} I'm taking the girls to Sesame Place for some water fun!

Carrie said...

So pleased to hear you were able to talk to your husband! What a blessing! Love the photos of the kids in the pool - I was fortunate and had a backyard pool as a kid - wish we had one here! It's hot! Can't wait to see pics of your veggies :)

Witha said...

The cuppies look yummy! What a great day you had :D

Judy Dudich said...

We used to have a pool many years ago.
We didn't take it with us when we moved. I REALLY MISS it! So nice for your kiddos to swim at Grand-pap's house! What a blessing, indeed! Thanks for sharing:)

Becca said...

So awesome you got to talk to your husband.