They all got right into their sleeping bags (that were on top of their air mattresses) and snacked on whatever they (and mommy) could carry into the tent.
Then the 4 kiddos really started to "rough-it." LOL. They all turned on portable DVD players and watched their favorite movies. Of course, kiddo #1 watched something to do with space. Kiddo #2 watched "Charlotte's Web," Kiddo #3 watched "Dumbo." For anyone who doesn't know kiddo #3, he is absolutely bonkers about elephants. (notice the stuffed animal elephant next to him in the photo) I think he has Dumbo memorized word for word. And, kiddo #4 was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It is either that or something to do with her princesses.
I was a bit hesitant about the whole thing, well about *me* sleeping in the backyard. You see, my idea of "roughing-it" is staying in a hotel without room service, but I am pleased to say that on this wonderful spring evening, it was a really cool and pleasant night. Between the weather and the very comfy air mattress that my hubby picked out, I was just fine and slept better than I have in a long time! The kiddos were asleep by midnight, there were only a couple of bathroom requests and I am pleased to say that they all slept very well and in the morning were already wondering when we could do it again. So, I would say a pretty successful first "campout" in the backyard. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment