I just had to share about a program that the Daughters of St. Paul offered through their Pauline Books and Media Store in Philadelphia.
It is called "Mom's Morning." It is a once a month mini-retreat for women. There is Eucharistic Adoration, faith sharing and even coffee and refreshments. Meanwhile, the children are shown a movie (this month's was the story of the Prodigal Son), introduced to the upcoming Sunday's Gospel, given activities and related crafts to do and they end with prayer and refreshments, as well.
It was so wonderful on Monday morning! After Adoration and reflection/discussion about next Sunday's Gospel reading, we prayed a decade of the Rosary and prayed for each other's spoken and unspoken intentions. I felt like a wave of peace and calm swept over me. I didn't want to leave the chapel! It was wonderful to be with like-minded moms and encouraged in our faith journey. It was just the reinvigoration I needed.
1 comment:
I would LOVE something like that!
Post a Comment