Saturday, June 28, 2014

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-up June 27-28

VBS!!!!!

What a week!  :-)  I was a lead teacher, my two oldest sons were teen counselors, my youngest son was a junior counselor and my daughter attended.  The theme this year was Weird Animals: where Jesus' love is one of a kind!  :-)

What a fun and faith-filled week!  It was a lot of work, especially since I had much planning to do, but the results were SO worth it!  The lesson plans that came from the company would have filled 8-10 minutes and we had 30 minute sessions.  I did lots of research and I think it all turned out great.  I ran the "Bible and Role-Play" group.  There was also art, games and song/dance.

Our final show was on Friday.  It included two Bible role-plays (we did the healing of the 10 lepers and the death and resurrection of Jesus), game demonstrations and of course, lots of singing and dancing.

Here is Kiddo #4 narrating some of the leper story and singing/dancing:





Kiddo #1 made a beautiful cross that each child got to sign.  Jesus died for each of them (and us), so we all put our names on His cross.



These photos are of Kiddos 1 and 2 with their students.  This proud mama got so many compliments on them-- how good they were with the kids and how helpful they were to the adults.



Here are all of the kids at VBS 2014


And, I could help but share something wonderful from last week since I didn't share a weekly wrap-up since we were so busy getting ready.  My daughter was one of the winners in her division at the 4-H Regional Fashion Revue!  :-)  She worked so hard on her dress and purse.  Look at that smile.  It tells it all!




Have a great weekend!  God bless!  :-)





Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

3 comments:

zekesmom10 said...

One of the VBSes our boys attended last week was Weird Animals. They loved it!

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun! My kids always enjoy VBS as well :)

Unknown said...

Our kids (No. 2 & 3) had so much fun at the St David's VBS. You guys did a great job. And the cross was a nice touch - I hope it gets a prominent place in the parish for all to enjoy.