Much has happened; memories have been made, lessons have been learned, love has been shared.
Below is a pictorial of some of my favorite moments from 2012. When looking through the literally hundreds of photos that I took, I was in a quandary. How would I select just a few to represent an entire year? There are so many! That is why I started the blog-- not only to let family and friends who don't live around the corner know how the kids are doing, but also for the children themselves, so they can have a pictorial scrapbook of sorts of our homeschooling journey so they can always remember.
:-)
When I asked the kiddos what they liked most about 2012, I got a myriad of responses that ranged from our trip to Bethany Beach, our visits to the zoo and Valley Forge National Park. I heard about flying airplanes, playing with "piggies," memorable sports moments and Ocean City. I was reminded about favorite crafts, fun baking together and lessons that we did in school. All wonderful memories. It makes me want to read back over the blog and see them all again. Maybe someday. :-)
I heard on the radio the other day the DJ say "If you woke up tomorrow with only what you thanked God for today, what would you have?" As 2013 arrives, I will be sure to thank God for all of the gifts He has given me-- including a loving and hard-working husband, a wonderful and supportive family, being able to homeschool, a prayerful church community full of fellowship and love, online friends who have meant so much, my beautiful children who brighten my every day and of course, during this Christmas season, the precious gift of His Son.
Click here on or after the 1st to see what others on the Review Crew have shared about their 2012.


14 comments:
Oh your family had such a fun year! You are truly blessed, Thanks for sharing at my Our Favorite Things Link Party.
So much fun in one short year! Happy New Year!!!
So much fun in one short year! Happy New Year!!!
What an amazing year - filled with memories and blessings :)
And, I didn't realize you were on the crew!! Woohoo!
Lisa
Love this! You summed up your family's fun, hard work, lessons learned and blessings so beautifully....
I have been sitting at the computer for 2-3 hours a day for the past several days compiling a post of photo reflections of 2012...I figured it'd be a great way to get all of the highlights of teh year, as well as the school work/projects/trips/theater expereiences in one spot...Good grief, Lisa...I'm just beginning March now!! I have about a dozen pictures foe each of Jan and Feb.... I think I will post it so it has the 12/31 date and just not share til it's done! In my head, I need the end of year date on it, even though it will not be done for quite a few more days! With school starting back up again on Wed and my son's bday party on Fri PM, ( my December bday boy's friends' party)I'm not sure when this week I;ll have some down time to get myself in gear for the pictures!...The pressures we put on ourselves....
Anyway, Lisa, I love the shots you use here and the sentiment.
Thank you so much!
A happy and healthy, and blessing filled 2013 to you and your lovely family!
Peace
Chris:)
Happy New Year! Glad to see that y'all got snow too and had fun playing in it:) Love the look back on your beautiful year!
Happy New Year! Glad to see that y'all got snow too and had fun playing in it:) Love the look back on your beautiful year!
I agree, 2012 just flew by! I loved seeing your pictures--what great memories you have made!
Oh this did my heart some good...
what a joy-filled year, Lisa! Thank you for sharing some of it with us.
So honored to have met you in this crazy cyber world :)
Love and hugs to you!
Looks like you had a great year!
Here's wishing you a new year full of wondrous possibilities!
I love that quote from the DJ. I've read something similar on Pinterest and it always makes me stop and think.
Lisa love the pictures as you reflect on the past year. It looks like you had a very full and blessed year. Happy New Year!
What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for! Thank YOU so much for linking up :)
What a great retrospective! So much fun stuff in this.
Thanks for linking up with me!
Post a Comment