Monday is our music day. So after the lighting of our Advent candle, Scripture reading and prayer, Advent Adventure activities and Jesse Tree ornaments, all of the kiddos were off to music lessons (and I was driving up and back, up and back. You get the picture, lol!) Kiddo #4 also had a sewing lesson squeezed in there. She is making Christmas pajamas and is looking forward to having them done in the next couple of weeks. I was able to catch some video of Kiddos 2, 3 and 4 practicing before their lessons:
We also made a special craft in the afternoon.
Tuesday, we continued with all of our Advent activities, read another chapter of "Just David" and went bowling in the afternoon with some good friends. We were blessed that some of those friends were able to come over after dinner and spend some more time with us.
On Wednesday, we added writing and addressing our Christmas cards to our special afternoon activities. We cannot believe how short our Advent chain is getting or how many "ornaments" have been placed on our "Good deed" trees. The kiddos are really trying hard to do kind deeds for each other and make sacrifices. Our Jesse tree is also filling up. We made the first Moses ornament today. We are getting there! :-) The time is going by quickly, isn't it?
After our Advent morning activities, there were lots of errands to get done: haircuts, Christmas dress shopping for Kiddo #4, etc., etc. Of course, a ride on the carousel at the mall is always much fun.
I am posting this early, as a dear friend who worked for 30+ years at the Church where I grew up passed away and his funeral is Friday. I was blessed to be able to find a sitter for the kids.
I hope everyone has a wonderful end of their week.
What I am reading: "Just David" by Eleanor Porter with the kids and we finished our 1 John Bible Study with the Good Morning Girls this week. My husband and I are participating in a weekly faith sharing group for Advent with friends from our church which has been a wonderful experience for both of us.
A quote or photo to share: As part of our Advent studies, my children are memorizing a verse a week. This week's verse is from Luke 1: "and Mary said: 'My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior. For He has looked upon His handmaid's lowliness; behold from now on will all ages call me blessed. The Mighty One has done great things for me, and Holy is His Name.'"
18 comments:
You all look like you had so much fun this week! Your little girl reminds me of my #3, always smiling and in her pj's.
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
Be blessed friend :)
and even your oldest is baking sugar cookies - love it.
Your advent sounds filled with peace and love, and you are teaching your children such empathy for those around then - including eachother!
have a lovely weekend!
What a great week!! We didn't anything near that accomplished :) At all....still working.....
What a fun, faith-filled week you have had. I love how you are teaching living with peace, love and family.
mmmm, sugar cookies! love your ornament craft :) sounds like you are savoring the season, it does pass quickly! such a beautiful verse you shared too.
Love the pianists! What a great job they do! I wanted to learn to play when I was high school, but I don't have a musical bone in my body! LOL
You have all had another interesting week Lisa. I note that some of your children are doing music lessons. Oh how I wish I continued with my music lessons after Prep. school. I am sorry about the death of your friend. May his soul rest in peace. Take care and all the best to you and your family.
What a great week. I love the little piano recitals. I really need to start teaching my kids how to play.
Blessings,
Dawn
I love the idea of the good deed trees! We made Advent chains too, but we forget to open them every day!
So glad we got to talk this week. Hopefully we can get together soon!
Looks like you've had a fun week enjoying the holidays! My family loves to bake and decorate sugar cookies, too, and we'll be doing that soon.
Drop by if you get a chance, I'm giving away a membership to Math Blaster this week:)
So nice that your oldest is willing to bake with you--my teen boys aren't interested anymore.
I wish I could have listened to the piano practice (baby is sleeping, though). I enjoy playing the piano, and my daughter wants to start lessons in the new year!
Thanks for stopping by Contented at Home!pers
A great week and a beautiful verse from Luke 1:) I'm taking you up on your offer to share recipes...glazed apple cookies sound delicious! Do you mind sending me your recipe? Thank you! jennifer@littlehomeschoolontheprairie.com
Wow! What a busy and fun looking week! Hmmm...I think we need to do more crafty stuff
I'm so sorry to hear about your dear friend. Your week looks great, a bit rushed trying to get everyone where they needed to be, but you did it. I think I will bake some cookies this week. I haven't baked cookies yet this Christmas season. I am running behind on my seasonal baking.
Just wanted to pass on the Liebster Award to you! It is typically given to dear, favorite, or beloved small blogs as a way to recognize and encourage one another. I really enjoy your blog, as well as the kind interaction we always have! Here are the rules for the award, if you should choose to share the joy: Thank the blogger that nominated you by linking back to them; share your top 5 choices for the award and leave a comment on each blog; and post the award on your blog.
I LOVE how your big kid does the crafts and activities right along with your little ones! I want your secret!!
What a cute little craft! Looks like everybody enjoyed the week!
I was just thinking about how short the Advent Calendar is getting at our house! Crazy. That's neat that they all take piano lessons. I hope the rest of your December is as special as it seems to be for you so far.
Post a Comment