Have I mentioned that I absolutely love Apologia science? Kiddos #3 and 4 are doing their Zoology 3 this year and we are really enjoying the journey. We did an experiment today about camoflage. M & Ms were put into a laundry basket with certain colors of construction paper inside. The kids had 2 minutes to find as many as they could. We got to make hypotheses about what colors we would find, which we would have a more difficult time finding and why. It sounded like so much fun that their older brothers just had to come in and try it themselves! :-)
We also did an antonym/synonym/homonym scavenger hunt. Each card let them to somewhere else and then gave them a clue to find the next card, and so on. I had it end where we keep their snacks.
:-) They were so excited about it today that they begged for another one tomorrow. I don't know if I can be that creative 2 days in a row!
The card above took them to the inside of the freezer.
This one took them to the couch. :-) etc, etc.
This afternoon was everyone's music lessons, so it was a great end to a great day. Will every day be like this? No. Will I assuredly see the rolling eyes or hear the "this is boring" sometime soon? I'm sure. But, I will bask in the success of this day until then and be very thankful.
“So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.”
Colossians 2:6-7
9 comments:
We love Apologia here too!! We are doing Anatomy now, and having a blast!
We are a little young for some science lessons yet - but I love the M&M idea - I think I'm going to use it with Sophie :) Thanks!!
The girls are a little young for some science stuff that I've seen, but I think Sophie would love the M&M one! Thanks :)
Wow!!! What an awesome day!!!!!! I love the scavenger hunt idea! At what age do you start Apologia?
We're doing Apologia for the first time this year. I'm excited! I really think we'll like it. Fantastic idea about the scavenger hunt, btw. I just might have to try that. Hope you have a week full of days like this! :)
Blessings,
~Jessica
I've heard so many good things about that science curriculum. I'm going to definitely have to check it out when my son is a bit older and can join us in school. You sure made school interesting...esp. with those m+m's...I want to be a pupil!! :)
SO glad you had a great homeschool day! Blessings <3
Sounds like a fabulous day! Happy for you! And I'm tucking that verse gem in my notebook!
If only I have grand children, I would love try that with them:D
Post a Comment