Wow! What a lesson in the virtue of patience for both children and their parents, lol! :-) Seriously, though, every day for the past week or two, the kiddos have peeked in on their "babies" and have asked when they were going to emerge. This morning when I awoke, going to check on them was the first order of business and lo, and behold, there were 5 of them looking absolutely beautiful. 5 more to go. What a lesson, not only on the mystery of metamorphosis, but on the miracle of it. What a gift from God, an unexplainable, but wonderful transformation that no scientist has been able to explain or duplicate. Is it any wonder? To witness it first hand is a privilege and to witness it first hand through the eyes of my children is a gift. What amazing things around us that we take for granted everyday!
This past week, Kiddos #3 and 4 put on a couple of "shows" for us. They love to practice and set up their "stage" and "audience" areas. They even made homemade snacks for us each night and labeled our chairs. Kiddo #4 even put her sweet Jesus doll on a chair and labeled a chair just for Him. I know He was watching and enjoyed every minute, as well. :-)
Kiddo #3's show was reenacting some favorite children's songs. Kiddo #4's show, the following night, was the story of Noah and the Ark, complete with a rainbow at the end.
I am really proud of their creativity and am cherishing each of these moments!
7 comments:
Thank you, Lisa, for your sweet comment on my site! I love Paul - he's one of my heroes and his words always comfort me. I'm glad they did the same for you too. We hatched butterflies in the spring, our first time. I agree with everything you wrote - the metamorphosis is truly God's handiwork. BTW, I love your child's Jesus doll and I especially love how He was invited too :)
Hi Lisa! Thanks for stopping by Faith in small things! I'm following your blog now too! I love the Noah's ark your kids put on!!! Awesome stuff!!!
Hello Lisa, How exciting that the Lord sent you to my blog just before you are to begin your first year in ATI! I don't post a lot about homeschooling and such (this was only my 2nd post about schooling at home!), but if ever you have ANY questions, don't hesitate to contact me! I love this program and am excited to help other families succeed.
Sounds like a great week.
This is awesome! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Blessings!
How fun! I love the Jesus chair :)
Your kids are so creative! Mine say they are doing a play for us, but then they just kind of mill around and the 6 yr old tries to tell the younger one what to say while not playing her role in the meantime, lol... maybe when they are older it will get better! ;) How did they make that rainbow??? Very cool!
Post a Comment