Sunday, February 6, 2011

Father-Daughter Dance

Last night, our parish held its annual  Father-Daughter Square Dance. That's right, Square Dance, complete with professional caller (who my daughter even said talked "so fast!" lol). 

There were "break" times, I was told, where the girls got to do country line dancing for their dads and even the "hand jive."  :-) 

If my daughter didn't say "it was awesome" fifty times after she got home, she didn't say it once.  She even got to slow dance with her Daddy to "Daddy's Little Girl."  Glad I wasn't there.  I could never keep a dry eye during that song when others dance to it, let alone our little girl.  But, I probably would have paid to be a fly on the wall to see my hubby (and a few hundred other dads) do-si-do-ing.  lol!!!  :-)  All for their little girls!



How wonderful that they even gave the girls corsages.  Our daughter calls it her "flower bracelet" and put in the fridge.  I hope it lasts a few days for her.  But, even if it doesn't, the memories will last a lifetime.

5 comments:

Colleen Hammond said...

What a GORGEOUS dress!!! And I have tears in my eyes over the "Daddy's Little Girl" song... How charming that your parish did this!!!

Erin said...

How sweet!!! I think our parish has done a dad-daughter dance, too... now I want to look into it more the next time they hold one!

Annette said...

Such a great experience for them. stopping by from the hip homeschool hop.

Jamie said...

Hopping over from the HHH.Your daughter is very beautiful.Have a very blessed day.

Allison said...

Is there anything sweeter? She has such a content look in her eyes.

Just reading about the Daddy's Little Girl makes my eyes moist.

God bless you all!