Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas

Sometimes I have to remind myself that Christmas is truly a season and not one day, because the one day goes by so quickly and no one wants it to end. 

The joy and excitement on our children's faces made it all worth it and the fact that they had joy in giving and not just receiving warmed my heart, as well.

What truly touched me was our daughter's insistence on having a cake for the Lord's Birthday.  She wanted Jesus to have a birthday cake.  I saw her "wheels" turning when she asked me about candles.  She asked if Jesus was indeed 2,010 years old.  "That's a lot of candles."  "Yes, honey, it is.  I don't think they'll all fit."  "Mommy, I have another idea."  Scroll down and see what her idea was and how it still brings tears to my eyes just seeing it.  I know the Lord was smiling when we all sang to Him after dinner, but more importantly, because the sweet idea came from the heart of a 7-year old child.





Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Erin said...

The 2010 in candles on the cake is great! Caroline couldn't figure out what to do either, and we found a "zero" candle in the kitchen in my parents' house, so she wanted to use it "since Jesus was just born!" I think yours has a better grasp on the "age" of Jesus, hee hee!

Pattie said...

What a great idea!!!!! I love it!