Today is the feast day of St. John Neumann. There are many St. Johns, but our kiddo #2 picked the saintly bishop from Philadelphia to be his patron since we live right outside of Philadelphia and Mommy was born and raised there. :-) His special request was Mommy's chocolate cake with homemade vanilla icing.
If you can see the photos on the table, the one in costume was my son in his Saints' pageant back in 1st grade. (he's in 4th now). He made the St. John on the right as part of a project last year.
Saint John Neumann, pray for us!
2 comments:
I absolutely love this idea. So neat!! I would like to visit the Shrine soon...maybe this month. I have a first class relic of St. John Neumann from my great-grandmother...Theresa
What a special way to celebrate! I so look forward to beginning this tradition w/ my own kids this year!
Post a Comment