Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wow!

I have to thank Melanie for having this picture up on her blog (slightly crunchy Catholic) already. I felt compelled to put it up on here, as well. (Thanks, Mel!)

Here is who I hope will be the next VP of the United States with her baby in her sling! Wow! A mother of 5, one with special needs who she refused to abort. Another wow!

Also, this is a *regular* person! Not a career politician, a regular, middle class "hockey mom" who thought she could make a difference and started off running for a position in the PTA. Someone to whom I can definitely relate. Her husband works two jobs (again, I can relate). The other VP candidate has proudly declared that he has never had a boss in his life. Can you imagine? Openly declaring that you have no idea what life is like for the rest of us, not jumping into politics from the minute you graduate from college.

So, now I feel the ticket has the both of best worlds. The candidate himself is incredibly experienced, not only from the decades (not days like his opponent) of service in the Senate, but from his meritorious military service. Being a soldier's wife, it is imperative to me to have my husband's commander in chief have military service. How can anyone command or make those types of decisions if they haven't been there? We have seen how most of the Congress (who has no idea what it's like to wear a uniform or be in a war) make horrid decisions and funding bafoos from Vietnam up to and including the current day conflicts.

We can only pray. But, again I say "Wow!"

No comments: