Friday, June 13, 2008

A Diversion


Well, I need something to keep my mind from the heat in the house since we still don't have full power. Today, I can finally say it's starting to get to me. I'm real fatigued, "headachey" and kind of nauseous. I did convince the nice man from the power company to put something called a jumper on the house, which gives us 110 volts throughout the house, not enough to run the ac, but enough that I think we can finally shut off the generator which has been running non-stop for over 3 days now. I can't imagine the cost of refilling that tank, but am very grateful that we had it. The cost of refilling two freezers and a fridge would have been equally intimidating. We are going to see if we can dig up another small ac window unit to try to bring the family room temperature down a bit more. The kids did have a blast "camping-in" last night in the family room. They all slept in their sleeping bags and their daddy and I took the sofa and loveseat. I was lucky that the loveseat was right under the ac unit, so I was the lucky one with the cold air almost blowing right on me. :-)




So, what is going to take my mind off of our current problem? I can write about kiddo#4's preschool end of the year picnic in a local park. It was held on Wednesday and was a great deal of fun for all of the children, their parents and siblings. There was Rita's water ice, face painting and entertainment by a magician. Every family was asked to bring a snack to share, so there was plenty of food of all varieties.








The kiddos each had their own chair and we brought our cooler filled with their favorite drinks. It was a great diversion for them from their scary experience the night before. All of the parents laughed as we lingered after the picnic was officially over since everyone had a dark, hot house to return to. :-)

No comments: