Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Look! What we did! Wednesday

I am happy again this week to be linking up at Red Oak Lane about something special we did on this "Look! What did! Wednesday."  :-)


Today we baked Valentine's Day cookies.  My children have classes at church on Thursdays  (except Kiddo #1, who now volunteers as a helper  :-))  and they asked about bringing in special treats for their friends.  I thought we could make homemade cookies.  Who could refuse delicious home-baked cookies?  :-)  And, especially on a cold and wintery day?  We are baking lots of batches so we can enjoy them, as well.

Here is my recipe:
1 cup butter softened
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. vanilla (I usually put a little bit more)  :-)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add baking powder and flour (one cup at a time) mixing after addition. The dough will be very stiff, blend last flour in by hand. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into two balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball in a circle approximately twelve inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick. Dip cutters in flour before each use. Bake cookies on cookie sheet on top rack of oven for six to seven minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.



(yes, Kiddo #3, the elephant lover, made his class elephant cookies instead of hearts.  :-))








9 comments:

Unknown said...

yummy - great recipe! I like that you don't have to refrigerate the dough. Less wait time :)

Mrs. Nerdy said...

I love the elephant cookies! Sounds like a great recipe too :)

Carrie said...

Awesome, Lisa! I love that your one son chose to give elephant cookies :) We'll use your recipe to make some for the neighbor girls!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! This looks great!!! Looks like fun, too!!!

I am "pinning" this on the Thinking Mothers pinterest board. Did you get on Pinterest yet?

Unknown said...

we love cookin so we'll use the recipe for sure! thanks for sharing! elephant cookies- sounds like something one of mine would do :)

Susan said...

Sounds like a great recipe, and I love the elephant cookies ;)

Ticia said...

Anything cookie sounds good to me.

Phyllis said...

They look so yummy! I bet they had so much fun!

gail said...

fun! i am thinking of making some sugar cookies for valentine's day, too. gotta use those heart shaped cookie cutters :)