Friday, March 22, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up March 22

Another week is coming to an end.  I can't believe next week is Holy Week!

This week was a good one, full of learning, laughter and milestones.  :-)

On Monday, Kiddo #4 had her sewing lesson and continued work on the skirt that she is going to wear on Easter.  She is so excited.  That reminds me.  We better get to the store and find a pretty blouse to go with it!  :-)

There were also experiments on echolocation and saltwater vs. freshwater




and new math games to play


On Tuesday, Kiddos #3 and 4 read aloud to mom; Kiddo #3 made custom illustrations on power point to correspond with the story (isn't that cool? I would have no idea how to do that!)



They also had their Italian lesson, where they had a fun article activity with Easter eggs and made Father's Day cards for their dad. (Father's Day in Italy is March 19)



I also hosted my weekly recipe linkup.  I shared our mini-cupcakes this week.  Come see the recipe and all of the others that were shared here.




Wednesday, after our studies, was a day of milestones for both Kiddos #3 and 4.  They rode their bikes without training wheels!  Yay!  I shared more photos in my Thankful Thursday post here.



Thursday was Kiddo #1 and 2's last online class for the semester.  They really enjoyed it.  In fact, the teacher has another book that he just published and is going to autograph it for the kids.  Isn't that terrific?  I look forward to his classes in the fall.  We also had our classes at church and Kiddo #1 had his Civil Air Patrol.

Today, Friday, we are doing our studies in the morning and will head to church for the Stations of the Cross this afternoon.  It is like walking with Jesus during Good Friday, and something special that the kiddos and I wanted to do during this Lenten season.

And, hopefully, although it is a very cold start to spring, there will be some sunshine so the kids can get out on their bikes again.  :-)

I hope everyone has a good weekend.  God bless!

Quote to share: "Every man and every woman has a right to educate their children in their religious values.  When a government deprives children of this formation, it can lead to cases like Nazism, when children were indoctrinated with values which were alien to the ones held by their parents.  Totalitarianism tends to take over education to feather its own nest."-- Pope Francis

Linking up today with:  Homeschool Mother's JournalWeekly Wrap-UpNOBHShow-Off FridayLearn and Link and It's a WrapFriendship Friday and Friday Connection

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks SO MUCH warmer and spring-like there. :sigh: I hope spring arrives here soon! No biking around here right now! LOL

Chareen said...

We are loving the new Math Game here too. Even I've jumped on to see how fast I can get to achieve a perfect score :)

Debbie Jones said...

Another fun and educational week for you! I love that quote by Pope Francis and totally agree with it. One of my favorite scriptures is, "train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it." Have a wonderful weekend.

Emmalee I. Hoggatt said...

What a fun week! We love attending the stations every firday. We have been trying to get rid of our training wheels for months but can't seem to get it down. I guess it is a little harder on gravel haha

Unknown said...

As always you have all had such an interesting week Lisa. It is great that your daughter is making a skirt. I remember making a skirt in sewing classes. I should have continued sewing! I am also looking forward to Easter. It is a 4 day holiday weekend. I plan to go to church on Easter Sunday. Take care and have a wonderful week.