In my life/homeschool this week:
Sunday, after Church, we had beautiful weather for outdoor fun and yard work with my hubby.
Monday was a good day getting back to the books after a fun weekend that had both snow and spring (that you can read about and see here). Kiddo #4 had her sewing class. She is making herself a skirt to wear on Easter Sunday! :-) We also went to the local garden center and bought our supplies to get started with our seeds.
On Tuesday, that is exactly what we did. Our vegetables and flowers all were planted with much care in their little biodegradable pots. You can see many more pics here.
The Kiddos have been looking forward to this for some time! It is a wonderful process to see, literally, the fruits of their labor grow and develop before their eyes; and to be able to either appreciate the beauty of the flowers or eat of their "harvest." :-)
I also posted my weekly recipe linkup that has grown so much. I am very appreciative for all of the support and participation. Over 60 recipes were shared again this week. I shared our homemade donuts (yummy!) If you missed it, or would like to check out all of the recipes, you can click here.
Wednesday began as an ordinary day, but then turned into something very special for us, as we got to witness something truly wonderful-- the white smoke billowing from the roof of the magnificent Sistine Chapel signalling the election of the 266th successor of St. Peter. It was something so exciting to experience with my children, who were jumping up and down along with me at the news and then glued to the coverage to meet Pope Francis along with the world. What a good, holy and humble man, one who truly strives to be Christ-like. We are blessed indeed.
Thursday had Kiddos 1 and 2 taking their online class and Kiddos 3 and 4 playing a little matching game that I designed to teach them about how many seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks there are in a day, month, year, decade, century, etc. This led into some math problems to delve into these even further. What fun for them to figure out how many days or minutes they have been alive! :-) To get kids that enthusiastic about doing some math problems is an accomplishment in my book. We also had our classes at church in the evening and Kiddo #1 had his Civil Air Patrol meeting.
I posted on Thursday about being grateful for many things, among them the beautiful spring-like weather of the last few days and the children getting to enjoy it. You can see it all here.
I don't think we'll have snow again this Friday (but who knows? March is pretty unpredictable), so we will try to go over to Church for Stations of the Cross. It is a wonderful way for the children (and I!) to "walk along" the path of Christ on Good Friday and come to a better understanding of what He endured for our salvation. Isn't that what Lent is all about?
A quote or photo to share: "If you judge a fish by its 'ability' to climb a tree, it will spend its entire life believing its stupid."-- Albert Einstein
Linking up today with: Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, NOBH, Show-Off Friday, Learn and Link and It's a Wrap, Friendship Friday and Friday Connection


10 comments:
Looks & sounds like you had an awesome week!
Look! No snow! I can't wait to get outside and do yard work and plant the garden and hike. We're entering MUD SEASON and I'm not sure it's much better than SNOW. LOL But it doesn't last long! Phew!
Congratulations on your new Pope! We're not Catholic, but we did watch as it's a BIG thing for the world (even if you're not Catholic).
Your matching game looks great!
What a wonderful week! Ken was very excited about this new pope and has been following the news closely.
We are hoping for NO snow this weekend and a return to warmer temps!!
I am so impressed with the new pope! What a kindly follower of Christ he seems to be. Looks like you had another great week of learning. I love how you are teaching your children and preparing them for Easter. Enjoy your weekend!
I just happened to be at somebody's house during the coverage of the new Pope, and learned a lot! I'm not catholic, but I was glad to learn about that big event, and see who it was. What a great math game too, yes definitely an accomplishment to get them thinking more!
Sounds like you all had a great week. My kids love growing things too.
Blessings, Dawn
Love all the signs of spring at your house! We worked on prepping the garden a little in the beautiful warm weather yesterday but then today is cold and rainy:/ Abby and I were just discussing homemade donuts! We have to check out your recipe:) Thanks for sharing it.
I am so excited about the new Pope! I can't wait to see what direction he takes the church in. I love that he is a humble man of the people. I have really good feelings about him.
You and your family have such interesting times Lisa! Congratulations to you for being one of the winners of my Blog Anniversary giveaway. I hope you got the email I sent you. Take care and have a wonderful week.
I love the picture of your son tilling the garden and your doughnuts look fabulous. Thanks for sharing on HammockTracks. I hope you'll return this week.
Post a Comment