Friday, November 30, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up- November 30

I seriously cannot believe an entire week has gone by since Thanksgiving.

(Kiddo #4 made the table decoration :-))

Monday was Kiddo #4's 9th birthday.  Our baby is in her last year of single digits!  ;-)  You can see some more pictures and a few of her as a newborn here, in my Thankful Thursday post.


On Tuesday, it snowed, so we didn't go to bowling and the Italian teacher postponed, by the kiddos were happy to bundle up and go outside and play in it after lunch.  :-)



I posted my weekly recipe linkup here, and shared my mom's sweet potatoes and apples.  The party is open all week. If you'd like to join us, you're more than welcome.  :-)

My favorite part of Wednesday has to be when Kiddos 3 and 4 were working on a bison coloring page and fact sheet that I thought seemed to go well with the chapter they are doing in science.  Kiddos 1 and 2 asked if they could take part, as well.  Don't you just love it?  That has to be one of my favorite things about homeschooling.  Sure, you want to learn something about bison, be my guest!  :-) :-)  So, they chose their own images and went online and looked up facts of their own.  We learned SO much about bison. After searching and finding some awesome YouTube videos of bison charging and roaming in Yellowstone, the kiddos are trying to convince us to make that a future vacation destination.  :-)



My favorite resource this week would have to be the National Geographic for Kids website where the kiddos found a lot of bison facts.  Lots of great info and photos there.

I posted on Wednesday about Kiddo #1's adventure in flying a real airplane!  You can read more about it here.


Thursday was just a "regular" ol' day of getting work done.  We look forward to our make-up Italian lesson on Friday.  Advent starts on Sunday and we will be doing a lot of reading, special activities and crafts to put our focus where it should be during this very special season.  Can't wait!  :-)

What I'm reading: I've downloaded lots of freebies on my Kindle this week, but haven't had the time to look at any of them yet.  :-(

What I'm praying for: some of my online friends have lost loved ones this week.  I had been praying for them for some time as they battled bravely against horrible illnesses.  One was 20 and had a young daughter.  One was only 2 and was rescued from an orphanage in Eastern Europe.  I also pray for our nation, our military, those who are unemployed, those who are ill and suffering.....

A quote or photo to share: we played "Christmas Bingo" after Thanksgiving dinner.  It was much fun.


Linking up today with:  Homeschool Mother's JournalWeekly Wrap-UpNOBHShow-Off FridayLearn and Link and It's a WrapFriendship Friday and Favorite Resource

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday #4!

How cool about the bison! I can't say that's been an animal we've really looked at, but a trip would be fun. LOL

Oh my! Flying? I'm nervous as we're flying across country this summer.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday to your baby!!! :) She's such a cutie and looks so happy in her birthday pic:)

That's awesome about flying an airplane. I have never flown... ever! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and loved your recipe this week!

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! I have a question for you and was wondering if you could email me back when you get a quick moment? Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing back from you!

- Carolyn
carolynfallon3@gmail.com

Desiree said...

I'm looking forward to getting started on advent activities as well! It's fun to see what your older kids get to do, flying, and other adventures, so fun! Hope you have a great weekend.

Leah Courtney said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Monday was my birthday as well. :-)

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!!

Isn't NG Kids such a great website? We've used it quite a number of times, and we subscribe to the magazine. Thanks for linking at Favorite Resources.

Nicole said...

It looks like another wonderful and busy week! They do grow up too fast!

Savannah McQueen said...

Thanks for reminding me of how wonderful the national geographic for kids site is. I am featuring you today!