Cookie dough
3 sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt.
Gradually add the flour; beat until well mixed. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Separate the dough into 4 pieces, then roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut or mold the dough into desired shapes.
Place the shapes on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are light brown.
(optional frosting) Vanilla Frosting
3 cups confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
In a small bowl, combine butter and sugar ,
then vanilla, then milk.
Linking up with the Gathering Spot, Kids in the Kitchen, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to Recipes, Homemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Judy H-J's Thoughts, Wisdom Wednesday , Favorite Things, Modest Mom, Full Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday, Mom's Monday Mingle, Monday Mingle, Crafty Spices, Better Mom,Create with Joy, Thursday's Treasures, Tasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and Mondays with Countrified Hicks and Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop andAll My Bloggy Friends and Hearts for Home Blog Hop and Foodie Friends Friday and Family Fun Friday and TGIF Linky Party and Food on Friday andHip Homeschool Moms, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home andGood Tastes Tuesday and Thriving Thursday and Friday Flash Blog Hop
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

9 comments:
Wow, looks amazing!
I actually need a sugar cookie recipe for Timmmy's 11th bday party....we are making 11 dishes/treats in a Dr Who theme....One of them will Weeping Angels Sugar Cookies! I'm trying to get everything organized now ..the party's in 3 weeks....
if I'm in a time crunch, I may just get the pillsbury rolled dough...spread it out and cut angels in it,,,gotta see how it goes...BUT I will def try these this Christmas in any event!
Pls thank your daughter for sharing!
C
Ooo, yum yum yum. We haven't made sugar cookies in a while. I would love to try this one with the children!
Perfect timing for Christmas!
Would love for you to share over at Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen!
Have a great day
My husband just mentioned making these. Maybe we will try them this weekend.
Butter cookies!! One of my favorite
You're right - she's talented and sweet :)
So cute and the recipe sounds awesome - all that butter who could resist! I love to see kids baking and cooking!! Definitely going to try these with my granddaughter who visits every Wednesday afternoon. This will be a great project!
Yum looks awesome!!!
These sound very simply and look great! Great job kiddo #4! :-) Thanks for sharing at Good Tastes Tuesday! I have pinned your recipe to our GTT Pinterest board here; http://www.pinterest.com/goldenreflect/good-tastes-tuesday-recipes/
Hope to see you back again next week!
I wanted to invite you to the Friday Flash Blog Party, the best linky in town! I hope you'll join us and link up if you haven't already. Who knows. You may just get highlighted!
The party goes on ALL weekend.
Jennifer @ The Jenny Evolution
www.thejennyevolution.com
Hi Lisa,
The Butter Cookies look delicious, wish they were in my cookie jar!
Hope you are having a great day and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon
Miz Helen
Post a Comment