I humbly disagree.
I think there can be much beauty in the "ordinary" if one just takes the time to look for it. An "ordinary" day, one perhaps without anything 'loud' or 'different' can have its own quiet and special treasure and uniqueness. When we insist on ignoring the ordinary, I believe we are missing a special opportunity to see the little gifts that are given to us each day and fall into the trap of taking the "ordinary" beauty of our lives for granted like....
My little girl baking cookies for us all on a chilly Saturday afternoon
or looking through vacation photos and seeing one of an amazing sunset
realizing that yet another rose has bloomed on our Valentine's gift
The smile and fun that kiddos can have at a snack bar after doing some food shopping
(will try to add the photo later, but trust me, they were having a GREAT time!)
Finding the beauty in each and every day......there is nothing "ordinary" about that! :-)
8 comments:
Dear Lisa,
What a beautiful post. I wrote about the "ordinary" moments too. Life is filled with these moments and that shape our lives.
Thanks for sharing.
I agree w/ you! I do much better w/ an ordinary day than one jam-packed & chaotic!
Love it.
Beauty in the ordinary: it's so very true! Great shots, as well...I can't believe that rose. It is perfect, and 2 weeks after Val Day, too.
(And on a slightly different note, your kitchen is absolutely beautiful. I love how bright and air-y it is!)
Thank you, Lisa for linking to my Memoir Monday.
Have a great day:)
I've set up a new way to share all of the wonderful blog parties out there! This is a great way to share your party with the world. :) I would love to have you share a link to your linky party tomorrow on The Linky Love Party at:
The Self Sufficient HomeAcre
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/lets-party.html
So, so true! Each day has it's own blessings and beauty to be found in it - that's what makes it special :)
I agree that ordinary moments are often the best. have a wonderful week!
Blog hopping from Monday Mingle - time flies by so quickly that taking time to enjoy these little moments are priceless!
beautiful sky - beautiful rose and beautiful girl :)
Post a Comment