Saturday, April 28, 2018

Rest in Peace Alfie

I have not written here in a long time.  After I heard the news last night, I just couldn't sleep and wrote this. It is truly from my heart-


Rest in peace, precious Alfie. I have been sick over what has been done to you. Your only crime? Being disabled. You were not dying. You were not even diagnosed with anything, just with being "too expensive" to care for. A doctor even said you were not human. I saw how you touched your daddy's face and wrapped your arm around your mama. You were more human than they will ever be. May God hold you in His arms and give your precious parents strength. They and you were held prisoner. I cannot imagine that happening in a civilized country. They were actually told that they could not bring you home, that they could not board you on the aircraft that the Pope sent from Italy to bring you there for treatment. What would that have hurt them? You all would have been out of their hair. It is absolutely mind boggling that parents, such as yours, would have absolutely no rights regarding their own child-- not to take him to another hospital for treatment or home. Your parents tried everything, sweet boy. They loved you more than life itself and the rest of us had been praying for you and them unceasingly. Give Jesus a kiss for us, precious boy, and please pray for those of us who remain here who must fight against this evil and never allow this to happen again to another precious child of God. May He have mercy on them all who did this to you.   











Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

No comments: